Recent Articles

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Thursday 17 March 2011

Yayoi Kusama, artist

In February 2011, I sent some questions by email to Yayoi Kusama, the 'headline' artist for Roppongi Art Night 2011, in order to get some unique quotes for an article I was writing about the event. My questions were then translated into Japanese, answered, and then the answers were translated into English. Later, because of the Great Tohoku Earthquake of March 11th, 2011, and the subsequent accidents at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Stations, Roppongi Art Night was cancelled.

CBL: Why do you think you were invited to join Roppongi Art Night this year?

YK: I think that is because everyone loves my creation, and many people want to see my creation.

CBL: How do you feel about joining to Roppongi Art Night 2011?

YK: I will see everyone with love at Roppongi Art Night 2011.

CBL: What are you planning at this year's Roppongi Art Night? 

YK: This is secret until the day I will bring out my new work.

CBL: Do you see any similarities between Roppongi Art Night and the "Happenings" that you were involved with in New York back in the 1960s?

YK: All expression of my creation is always same.

CBL: Roppongi Art Night is a very energetic event mainly for young people and you would be the first to admit that you are an art veteran. How do you find the great amount of energy needed for this event?

YK: I am an avant-garde artist, and my art creations are just like the way of my life, that is, for my life, which is enormously energetic and obsessive.

CBL: What do you think of the present generation of young Japanese artists?

YK: I want them to keep creating more great creations.

CBL: Which young artists at Roppongi Art Night do you particularly admire? Why?

YK: I hope every artist will create great work, and bring a lot of excitement to Roppongi Art Night 2011

No comments:

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages